Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Day Begins....

It is 6 in the morning.

I don't want to be 'up', but I guess I am....

The storm we had last night started off with hail. I was debating with myself whether or not to get up and put a tarp/ growing cloth over my garden. Exaustion won, and I hope I don't see too much damage when the sun comes up.

I'm going today with Jacob's kindergarten class to Hee Haw Farms. I'm kinda looking forward to it. We did a family trip to Thanksgiving Point last weekend, and had a blast. So even if this place turns out to be a dud, or the over 100 kids going make me want to relocate to a padded room, I will already have some great fall farm memories in place to soften the blow ;)

I love the fall. I love the chill in the air, the sound of the leaves when the wind blows, and the hot cocoa that seems to be such a part of the season. I love how the colors on all the trees seem to announce the 'Holiday Season' which in this house begins with Halloween, and doesn't end until Easter in the spring. I love cooking pumpkin bread and muffins, and tying things with ribbon. I love songs that are a little wistful with the memories of summer, and stories that are just slightly creepy. I love the smell of chimney smoke, and how clouds dance across the sky. I love how kids become giddy, and adults become mischievous. I love the fall.

No comments: